Recipe Type: Easy
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice
- 1.5 cups of Chicken or Vegetable Broth … Water can be substituted too.
- 1 tbsp. of Ghee/Butter or Olive oil – Extra Virgin
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 6 Black Peppercorns
- 6 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamom pod – crushed and whole
- 3 Green Cardamom Pods – crushed and whole
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ tsp of Salt to taste
- Add the ghee to a pot and stir in all the spices above with the rice for 30 seconds on medium flame.
- Now add the 1.5 Cups of Chicken Broth/Vegetable Broth and stir.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 8 minutes or until grains are cooked and stock is absorbed!
- Enjoy the aroma you open that pot and savor every grain coated in Ayruvedic goodness